Thursday, July 7, 2011

Necklace holder Tutorial

I'm a jewelry girl. I have tons of earings, necklaces, broaches, everything! and the top of my dresser was getting way out of hand. I had piles of necklaces! I couldnt find anything, and the necklaces were all tangled -  so i decided to come up with a solution and make a hanging necklace holder. Here's my How-to (and it's my very first one!) so I hope you like it!

supplies needed
- Thin wood piece about 18" long (Home Depot for $1.54)
- Paint of desired color
- Command strip hooks
- Hot glue Gun
- desired embellishments
- ribbon (or twine)


First start with your board and paint it in your desired Color (or colors)

I added some edge trimming for decoration. Personalize this in any way you want! even create a funky desisgn!

I decided to put a phrase at the top so I first penciled it in to make sure I had the desired look before painting

Then attach your command strip hooks using hot clue (not the command strips, those look tacky and wont hold as well) i chose to use five, however, you can make your necklace holder as small or large as desired.

i then decorated with a few bumblebee 3D stickers and yarn pom-poms.

attach ribbon on each end (with Hot Glue) to create your hanging device (you may also use twine or wire depending ont he look you are going for)

then you're done! find a place on your wall, hang it up, then put your necklaces on it!


Well that's that! I hope this is helpful! Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Katie! It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    I just wanted to let you know that I featured your tutorial on my site, www.AllFreeBeadedJewelry.com. I linked to this project:
    http://www.allfreebeadedjewelry.com/Supplies/Simple-Necklace-Hanger

    I would like to know if I can link like this to you, including a photo, in the future. Or if you would be willing to allow me to post projects in full on the site - full credit will always be given to you, of course. Your projects have the opportunity to be featured in our newsletter as well. It would be yet another source of traffic to your blog.

    Please let me know, I would love to work with you further.
    Thanks!
    Maggie Kmiecik
    mkmiecik@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete